In 1995, there was a Public Service Announcement in the U.S to persuade schools to get internet in their libraries (which then only contained Yahoo and the Feline Information Page, apparently),
If you ignore the Powerpoint presentation floating graphics and pounding techno (which we don't want to ignore, and in fact want to replay in our heads from now until eternity) these kids actually make some startlingly accurate predictions about how we'd use the internet in the future:
1. That the internet will be your telephone. SKYPE, YOU GUYS.
2. The internet will be your shopping center. WHO GOES SHOPPING IN REAL LIFE ANYMORE, YOU GUYS.
3. The internet will let you take a tour of the Sistine Chapel. GOOGLE MAPS, YOU GUYS.
4. The internet will let you get soccer scores from a team in Italy. ANY SPORTS WEBSITE, YOU GUYS.
5. The internet will let you chat with a friend in Australia. MSN OR FACEBOOK, YOU GUYS.
6. The internet will let you find a recipe for cat food cupcakes. WEIRD PEOPLE ON PINTEREST AND ETSY, YOU GUYS.