Today in adorable news, Jay-Z has taken a train for the first time in 18 years. Just for some perspective, the last time Jay-Z took a train the main topic of conversation was "How is Forrest Gump shaking JFK's hand, THAT SHIT IS AMAZING!?" and "Why Is O.J driving so fast?".
In October, Jay-Z played a (now legendary) string of eight shows at Brooklyn's newly constructed Barclays Center. For the last show Jay-Z decided to take the subway, because why not? Luckily it's all captured in the mini doco Where I'm From
(skip to 18.30 for the subway action).
The ten best things about Jay-Z catching the train for the first time in 18 years:
1. Jay-Z gets surprised when lots of people follow him to the train, and says "Easy guys!".
2. Jay-Z giggles when some guy says "FLATBUSH LOVES YOU JAY!".
3. Jay-Z likes to wear a Jean Michel Basquiat t-shirt because he was from New York too.
4. Jay-Z likes to take up two seats on the train.
5. Jay-Z is polite when old ladies ask if he is famous.
6. Jay-Z is really good at small talk. He shakes Ellen's hand and tells her what he has been up to that week. Ellen thinks that's "fabulous".
7. Ellen is proud that Jay-Z is taking the subway. Jay-Z is glad of this.
8. Ellen realises who Jay-Z is. Everyone laughs. Jay-Z is glad of this.
9. Jay-Z gets off the train and men with suits and earpieces follow him.
10. 'Empire State of Mind' plays and no one is sad about it.
More at vanityfair.com