DANCE PARTY MEGA MIXTAPE TIME FUCKERS!!! This also means it's Friday, which also means y'all need some jams for the weekend. Lucky for you we've fisted the vortex of time and ripped out some killer tunes from another epic decade - the '40s!
We're not even gonna pretend that we're all ejukated and up to speed with this week's era of music, but we will say that it was awesome to explore and made us feel many amazing feelings. And sure, if somebody at your houseparty was to say "Hey, i've got the sickest tunes from the '40s right here on my MiniDisc" you'd probably kick em in the head. But, if between spitting mouthfuls of broken teeth and pleading for mercy they told you some of the songs were about being asked by St. Peter at the Pearly Gates to smoke another cigarette after already smoking yourself to death, passing homies some ammo, getting your rum & Coke drank on and chicks who carry guns, you may just help 'em up and stick a UDL in their hand.
So fuck it, crack open a vodka lime and soda-in-a-can, sit back and welcome in the weekend with some of the best tracks you've probably never heard and enjoy this week's Dance Party Mega Mixtape!
HAPPY FRIDAY FOOLS!!!!
1. Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens - Louis Jordan
2. Chattanooga Choo Choo - Glenn Miller & The Nicholas Brothers
3. Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy of Company B - The Andrews Sisters
4. Praise the Lord and Pass The Ammunition - Kay Kyser
5. Smoke! Smoke! Smoke! (That Cigarette) - Tex Williams
6. G.I. Jive - Louis Jordan
7. Jersey Bounce - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra
8. Rum & Coca Cola - The Andrews Sisters
9. Pistol Packin' Mama - Bing Crosby & The Andrews Sisters
10. Vaughn Monroe - Let It Snow