POSTED BY DUKE
ON 25 JUL 2012 @ 04:40 PM
The Duke tasting menu slipped into a lighter mode last night as our weather heads into Spring... One of the highlights was definitely Chef Nik's take on porridge, featured in this weeks Good Living. Plenty of evolution in the desserts too, with the frozen custard an experimentation in texture and his take on an old school favorite the Golden Gaytime.
1. Cured trout and herb toast
2. Radish, smoked eel and frisee
3. Celeriac, sherry, sieved egg and ham
4. Rye porridge, chicken oysters and parmesan
5. Roasted mulloway, cauliflower and lobster butter
6. Haunch and sweetbread of lamb, green garlic and aubergine
7. Mini Gaytimes
8. Poached rhubarb and frozen custard
The Australian rapper/ A$AP Rocky's main squeeze Iggy Azalea, has released a video for her single "Murda Bizness" featuring T.I. Whether you love her for her trailer trash swag or hate her for her fake American accent, her criticism of child beauty pageants in this clip is kind of interesting. Maybe?
Watch out for T.I's Cosby sweater:
Thanks to Dangerous Minds
we've found some archive footage of Led Zeppelin's private ject circa 1973. Who cares, right? Well apart from getting to see their groupies high out of their minds and lounging on sheepskin rugs, we also get to see how fucking badass their jet was.
Please note a) the well stocked bar, b) the full size bedroom, c) the organ, and d) the fireplace. You know, whatever. I mean in 1973 planes were like one eighth as safe as they are now, but sure take the time to build a fireplace. No big deal.
POSTED BY DUKE
ON 18 JUL 2012 @ 01:00 PM
With a focus on new dishes and seasonal produce, our tasting menu transforms the restaurant every Tuesday night, and has done so for almost a year. Chef Nik Hill keeps it fun, lively and interesting, while still maintaining a concise and focused menu. Always starting with snacks including last night's pork terrine with sauerkraut and crackling, larger morsels like crispy skinned mulloway with a shellfish vinaigrette and finishing the tasting with the fiendish; chocolate tart with fig leaf parfait. OOF.
more at dukebistro.com.au
Until next week...
1. Cured Trout & Rouille On Toast
2. Pork Terrine, Sauerkraut & Crackling
3. Smoked Goats Cheese Gougere
4. Watercress Vichyssoise, Oyster Beignet & Horseradish
5. Whipped Duck Liver, Croissant & Prune
6. Saute of Chicken, Sweetcorn & Girolles
7. Mulloway, Fennel & Vinaigrette of Shellfish
8. Roast Quail, Parsnip, Walnut & Chicory
9. Vanilla Custard, Green Apple & Olive Oil
10. Chocolate Tart, Fig Leaf Parfait